The Transfer Student Experience is a campus-wide initiative coordinated by the Office of Undergraduate Education in partnership with the Office of Admissions and Orientation & Transition Experiences. The initiative is guided by the work of a Transfer Student Advisory Board, which is comprised of university staff and administrators from across the Twin Cities campus, as well as the student members of the University Transfer Student Board.
Questions about the Transfer Student Experience at the University of Minnesota can be directed to Sarah Ihrig, email@example.com
University of Minnesota Framework for the Transfer Student Experience
Online Resources for the Transfer Student Experience
Suggested Readings on Transfer Students
- College Board Initiative on Transfer Policy and Practice (various authors and reports).
- Grites, T. and Duncan, C. (2012) Advising transfer students: Strategies for today’s realities. 2nd ed. National Academic Advising Association.
- Hendel, S.J., Strempel, E. (2016). Transition and transformation: Fostering transfer student success. National Institute for the Study of Transfer Students.
- Jenkins, D. & Fink, J. E. (2016). Tracking Transfer: New measures of institutional and state effectiveness in helping community college students attain bachelor’s degrees. New York, NY: Community College Research Center, The Aspen Institute, & National Student Clearinghouse Research Center
- Wyner, J., Deane, K. C., Jenkins, D., Fink, J. (2016). The transfer playbook: Essential practices for two- and four-year institutions. Community College Research Center, Teachers College, Columbia University, and The Aspen Institute College Excellence Program.